Delivery & Returns Policy
- Deliveries are only done between (TBA)
Once your order has been received, we will be in touch to confirm delivery date and costs. Although we will always endeavour to deliver your order within the suggested times, products are sometime subject to availability and may be delayed by third party delivery on occasion. Any dates we suggest for delivery will be regarded as a suggestion only and The World of Furniture & Beds shall not be held liable for any losses, costs, damages, charges, or expenses caused by any delay in the delivery of the goods. We cannot guarantee delivery time. A failure to meet suggested delivery dates within reason will not be considered grounds to cancel your order.
- Delivery will take place within 1 to 3 working days at a minimum rate of R400 for 25km radius of store only contact us for pricing for further areas.
- Late Delivery – If a product purchased is not dispatched within the agreed period, or where no specific period was agreed, within 21 days after having purchased the Product, the ECT Act entitles you to cancel such a sale on 7 days’ notice to the seller of such product, via email notification to firstname.lastname@example.org
Delivery Of Furniture/Large Items
- Please ensure that there is adequate space and that we are able to access the place of delivery before we arrive.
- We will only be able to complete delivery if the goods are able to fit through lifts, on staircases, through passages and through doors at the place of delivery.
- We are not able to hoist your items onto balconies or elevated areas that require this service.
- We do not permit our delivery team to rearrange your furniture/household or clear any area in preparation of delivery.
- We will deliver assembled goods or we will assemble the goods on site.Should you require that we assemble the goods at a later date, we will charge you a call-out fee, which must be paid in advance.
- We will only deliver goods to the address on the order and goods will not be left without a signature.
- We cannot be held liable for any damage to goods or personal injury you or anyone else may suffer if you choose to assemble the goods yourself.
- Goods delivered will be unwrapped on site and the packing and wrapping material removed unless requested otherwise.
- The delivery crew is not permitted to move or take away with them any of your unwanted items.
- It is your responsibility to remove all items of value from the delivery site and that your pets and small children are secured in a safe location away from the delivery site.
- We do not take responsibility for any items claimed to be missing or any breakages during or following a delivery.
- If you are not at home on the date that has been agreed and the delivery agent cannot contact you, we reserve the right to charge you for the re-delivery.
- We do not install products and as such it is not included in our pricing.
Returning your Purchase
You are entitled to cancel, exchange or return any purchase made via The World of Furniture & Beds website within 7 days after your receipt of the product/s and to obtain a full purchase price refund and free return of the product which the Provider will arrange. You can also return the product in its original condition to our warehouse to obtain a full refund.
Please note that although you are entitled to cancel your purchase as aforesaid, you must return the product in the condition you received it and in the original packaging with labels attached in order to receive a refund. For hygiene reasons we do not accept return of MATTRESSES.
Inspection of goods
You should refuse to accept delivery of any product which is visibly damaged, and if you only discover the damage after the courier has left, then you should report it to Provider as soon as possible and within 48 hours. If only reported after 48 hours, it is reasonable for Provider or its suppliers to determine that the damage was caused post-delivery.
Incorrect Product – If the incorrect product is delivered to you inadvertently, please do not remove the product from its original packaging, open or use the product in any way. Contact The World of Furniture & Beds immediately via email email@example.com or on 066 139 6139 to replace the incorrect product.
It is your responsibility to ensure that there is a responsible person at the delivery address to inspect and to sign for the goods. We cannot accept liability for damages or errors if goods have been fitted or if you have had the goods in your possession for more than 48 hours.
PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU KEEP THE ORIGINAL PACKAGING IN CASE YOU HAVE ANY REASON TO RETURN YOUR PURCHASE (subject to our returns policy.)
You must notify in us writing if a product has been delivered incomplete within 48hours of your receipt thereof.
The risk in the goods shall pass to you, the customer, on arrival at the delivery address, as advised by you.
If you find that the product is defective / faulty / damaged and you arrange to return such a product to The World of Furniture & Beds for inspection as per “processing returns” section below and the product is subsequently found:
- to indeed be defective / faulty / damaged, you are entitled to either have the product repaired / replaced / refunded
- not to be defective / faulty / damaged, you will be liable for the costs incurred in having such product returned to The World of Furniture & Beds and then re-delivered back to you.
Please note that the following will NOT render the product defective / faulty / damaged, as aforesaid and will not entitle you to any repair / replacement / refund.
- faults resulting from normal wear and tear
- where a person unauthorized by The World of Furniture & Beds has altered or damaged the product
Faulty goods must be returned to us at the client’s own cost for inspection and testing. Faulty goods will be swopped out if returned within 7 days from purchase, if the purchase exceeds 7 days the item will be send to the manufacturer for repairs or replacement.
All products supplied are covered by the terms and conditions of the manufacturer’s guarantee. No further or additional warranties or undertakings will be given by us in regard to the goods.
We will not accept liability for goods lost in transit unless we are notified within 7(seven) days from the expected delivery date.
You may in certain instances cancel your order. You can cancel your order before it is dispatched for delivery call us or email us to do so. If you cancel an order and the goods have already left The World of Furniture & Beds, you will be liable for the delivery fee and a cancellation fee of 10% of the price of the goods. We can only process refunds once we have confirmed that the goods have been returned to our warehouse. If cancellation of an order is initiated by us, no cancellation fees will be payable. Please contact our customer services at 081 407 5053 if you have any queries regarding cancellation.
Refunds will be at our discretion and no refunds will be considered after 7 days from purchase. NO CASH REFUNDS.
Returns to us will be at your expense. If we, for some reason pay the costs relating to any return by you, we shall be entitled to claim a refund of any such payment form you and you shall refund any and all amounts to us on demand. We do not accept returns unless the goods supplied by us are in their original packaging and have not been opened by you.
Notwithstanding what is set out above, we advise that all returns will be at our discretion and you will not be entitled in any way to dispute or query our discretion, once exercised by us.
Subject to what is recorded under this returns policy clause, if returns are received by us after 7 (seven) days from the date of delivery, we will not be obliged to accept the returned goods for the purpose at all.
Prices and products displayed on this site are subject to change without prior notice. The World of Furniture & Beds is not liable for any misstatements or errors on this website. *Kitchen, bedroom and other accessories not included and are placed in photographs for promotional purposes only. We shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders to take account of any increase in our suppliers’ prices, or the imposition of any taxes or duties, or if due to an error or omission the price published for the goods is wrong whether or not the order has been confirmed. In the unlikely event of an error in price being made on our website, we will contact you and give you the opportunity to amend or cancel your order. If your credit card has already been charged and we subsequently cancel your order, we will immediately issue a credit to your credit card account in the value of the incorrect price (including delivery charges). We will not be liable for any injuries or financial loss from accidents related to the order or loss of time and monies resulting from delays, non-deliveries and wrong delivery. Price and availability information are subject to change without notice.